Detox Clay DIY Body Wraps for Weight Loss
Body wraps for weight loss are a great product because they detoxify the organism and can even be used to speed up the metabolism. What’s even better about those is that they can be made at home.
Detox clay body wraps rank among the best fitness and health options. Here’s everything you need to know about those and how to make body wraps for weight loss at home.
Do They Work?
Before getting started, it’s important to figure out whether body wraps for weight loss and detox really work.
Wraps cannot function in place of exercise and a healthy diet. Using a wrap, however, can enhance the results and give you more pronounced temporary results. If you have an upcoming event that you want to look stellar for, a body wrap will do the trick.
Slimming wraps are usually infused with a range of substances. Clay is just one of the options. They give the appearance of tightness and they also help get rid of some water weight. Depending on the type of substance that the wrap is infused with, the effect can be expected to last one or two days.
The detox effect will also be dependent on the substance that the wrap is infused with. Certain ingredients, clay being one of them, can pull toxins away from the body through the skin.
What is a Detox Clay Body Wrap?
Salons and spas feature various types of clay body wraps. Luckily, such a slimming product can be made at home. The clay pulls out toxins from the body. The wrap “squeezes” the liquid from between the cells, which means that it will also give a sense of tightness.
When using clay body wraps, you can see a loss of inches from the waist area. This loss isn’t going to necessarily translate into a loss of pounds, however, it will impact your appearance. Say you’re going to a best friend’s wedding. Or maybe you you’re about to spend a day at the beach. In these instances, having a DIY clay body wrap procedure is going to be a good idea.
Making a Detox Clay DIY Body Wrap for Weight Loss
To make body wraps for weight loss with clay, you’ll need to follow a couple of simple steps. It’s not difficult and you don’t have to invest a large amount of money in the process. Here are the essentials:
- Gather the ingredients and supplies needed: a few of the essentials you’re going to need to make a clay body wrap at home include two cups of bentonite clay, one cup of sea salt, several drops of an essential oil of preference, one cup of water, a few tablespoons of oil or argan oil, ace bandages or thin towels.
- Boil the water: bring the water to a boil in a stainless steel pot and add the two cups of clay to the mix. Take the water off the stove and stir. If you don’t have bentonite clay, you can use white clay as an equally suitable alternative. Add the essential oils and the olive oil. Coconut, sweet almond and jojoba oil are also good picks.
- Let the clay mix sit: it will need 10 to 15 minutes to cool down sufficiently.
- Apply the wrap: before getting started, you may want to have a warm shower and exfoliate your skin. Preferably, the wrap should be applied in the bathroom because things can get messy. Dip your towels or bandages in the clay and oil mix. Allow the liquid to soak thoroughly before wrapping your mid-section with the fabric. Make sure that the wrap is snug but comfortable. In the end, you may want to cover the towels with plastic wrap to heat up the clay and prevent the procedure from becoming a massive mess.
- Relax and enjoy the procedure: keep the weight loss wrap on for at least 60 minutes. To speed its effect up, you may want to wrap yourself with a thermal blanket. The step is entirely optional but some people see better results this way.
- Remove the towels and have a lukewarm shower: it will help you clean your body from the residue, plus a lukewarm or a cold shower can have an incredibly positive impact on your circulation.